Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yeah. This is hard.

So, as you might have guessed, this is hard. I did really well over the weekend. I had sushi, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, soy milk and chicken. I had tea the whole weekend, too, and had no problems. THEN - I got to work on Monday. I guess I like to eat at work. Holy cow...that was hard. I was hungry almost all day, although I managed to stick to the plan.

Last night was a different story. I had planned and purchased what I needed to make shrimp and crab patties. I even bought corn crumbs to use instead of bread crumbs. The kids were really excited; they were even excited about the cauliflower I bought as the veggie. I ended up making couscous for the kids, since I knew that one pattie and cauliflower wouldn't be enough. It was parmesan couscous. And then I ate some. I don't know why I ate it, but I did.

WAIT. I DO know why I ate it: because I have no self control! I'm also a very emotional eater. I also ate the WHOLE bag of jalapeno tortilla chips I bought yesterday, instead of only eating a serving every day like I had planned.

I think I need to focus on the eating to feel better, by omitting the wheat and dairy, and not think about weight loss or anything else. I'm mixing the two and that's making it harder.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. One thing at a time and when you've mastered it then add something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele,

    This is Jill Hurley. Jason told me about your blog so I decided to check it out. I can completely relate to eating the whole bag of tortilla chips. I did that last week too. Chips have always been my weakness...and cookies for that matter ;-)

    That is what happens when you cut out too many carbs and your body gets a taste of something starchy - corn, and goes into survival mode. You end up eating way more than planned.

    Hope we can talk more soon and you are feeling better! Cutting out dairy and wheat is a great first step. Just make sure to eat enough complex carbs too at lunch and dinner, 15g is a good portion. Good luck!

    Take care,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, it's mastering anything that seems to be the problem ;-)

    Jill, thanks for the encouragement! I hope you guys have a safe trip to Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete